Ms. Ruby tried rice cereal for the first time last night. It was a delight to me and so much like a spiritual journey that I was somewhat in tears. Ruby didn't mind; she smiled and coo'd all the same. I mixed the cereal very runny and fed it to Ruby with a bright yellow spoon. She kept her eye on that spoon and grabbed at it several times. I would place the spoon on her lips and she would suck on it, and as soon as the cereal hit her tongue she stuck her tongue out and out came the cereal! When the cereal was too far in her mouth for her to spit out, she would chew like an old man chewing on his tobacco. She looked at me like I was nuts when I laughed. It was such a joy to share this new experience with her.
It makes me think of all the firsts we'll have together - and I'm so excited for those firsts!
No comments:
Post a Comment