Monday, May 16, 2011

Awesome Evolution

Last night my Mom and I went to the Lincoln High School concert "Awesome Evolution – The Journey of the Beat." The concert style was a gospel/spiritual/revival-type concert. A hundred-some high school students sang and swayed to the rhythm of God's word with huge smiles and bouncing excitement. It was so powerful I sat with goosebumps and eyes full of tears for two hours. My cousin's daughter sang a solo. She is a half-pint with a booming, captivating voice; the air was caught in my throat and I was stunned at the beauty of her voice and the song. The choir backed her up but her voice held it's own and resonated through the auditorium. She was simply incredible.

It was one of the most powerful events I have been to. It was partly because of the talented students but mostly it was the excitement of celebrating God. Simply amazing. I would highly recommend the next show tonight.

No comments: