Ok - so only recently have I caught onto the glory of Dooce.... She's magical in her ability to make me laugh at the everyday obsurdities of life and often times I find myself giggling through my tears. Also, she's a couple years older than me and it's comforting to know that she thought/felt/did some of the things that I have thought/felt/done (and have never dared confess) and she survived! Maybe I will too.
Today, during my bagel and banana lunch, I came across an archive that made me cry on my banana... Below is the part that makes my guts curl into teeny tiny knots that may be suitable for party confetti but you can find the whole blog here.
"Best Day of 2003: Wednesday, May 28, the day we found out I was pregnant. We'd bought a pregnancy test and were holding on to it, trying to wait long enough to use it after my missed period to ensure an accurate reading. And we were going to try and wait seven days, but about 36 hours after buying the test, neither of us could sleep, and like two ten-year-old kids digging through mom's closet to find Christmas presents, we broke out the test at 4:30am that morning. That second pink line on the test showed up within about four seconds, before I could even set it down on the countertop in the bathroom, and Jon and I nearly killed each other with hugs and screams and flailing gangly arms. It was a moment I had fantasized about since the first 30 seconds of meeting him. For the next three hours we sat in bed resisting the urge to call EVERY SINGLE PERSON we know and trying to come up with names and ways in which we could guarantee that the baby never grows up to become a Republican."
1 comment:
I love Dooce. I've been reading her blog since 2004, and I seriously check it every single day. If you haven't done so already, definitely go back and read the old archives.
Post a Comment