Monday, January 28, 2008

Flashbacks

Edit: I realize these are no fun for anyone else because no one but me knows what they mean... So I've added some context...

Today my beautiful, amazing friend, Lisa, brought me back to 1996 with a simple phrase that nearly made my head reel with it's potent flashback-edness. I've decided to collect a few of these phrases/quotes that take me back 10 or 20 years (god, how scary. 20 years?!). I'll keep adding to the list as I think of them.

  • You rock! (A quote from Tina in high school)
  • T.R. (Another thing Tina liked to say - T.R. = Thief River)
  • Beyond: is that, like, Spanish or something? (Katie misheard Lisa during lunch in school one day, and sent Lisa and I into fits of laughter and relentless teasing)
  • M.J. Chicken Legs (Katie's love for Michael Jackson and her comparison of her legs to a chickens made this another relentless harassment)
  • Chicka-pow-wow (Jessica anytime love or romance or sex came up)
  • My monkey wrote my paper...He said "Eek, Eek." I got an F. (Jessica quoting a comedian or something - she is much more funny than the comedian!)
  • Big Tits Magee (What Fabian would call me when he wanted to make me angry)
  • Tilly dirl (Another Fabian saying. Tilly dirl = silly girl)
  • Electric Blue Eyes (Thor and I singing the Cranberries at the top of our lungs one summer)
  • Chitty-chitty-Bang-BAAAAAAANNNNNNGGGGGG! (Jessica - just because we both love Ace Ventura)
  • We're lost! >followed by evil laughter< (En route bowling with Adeline and her older siblings. Adeline thought the driver was serious and she cried.)
  • Smacker dacker (Trents nickname for Thor and the way his arms flopped when he rode horse.)
  • Can I pee in your ****? (Another Fabian jab)
  • Cutie (What Fabian always called me)
  • It's hot in these rhinos. (My favorite quote of all time. From Ace Ventura)
  • Pooper dingy (Trent's nickname for Pepper. Don't know where that one came from but it makes me laugh at it's absurdity.)
  • In the jungle, the mighty jungle, the lion sleeps tonight! (When I was really young, dad would sing this song in the barn when he was milking cows.)
  • Mama Sita (A Becky saying)
  • Heidi Mae 003 (Mr. Bishop called me this in a high school math class. It stuck.)
  • SAFE! (Mr. Bishop shouted this out when I tripped while running laps in phy-ed - I fell on my stomach and slide what seemed to be 10 feet with my arms outstretched.)
  • Big Bopper (A nickname for Doug)
  • Ada (A cow we had that was really mean - always reminds me of a friend of mom's)
  • Tuna (A nickname for Tina that she hated)
  • You shook me all night long! (Jess & I would sing and dance to this song all those nights of college partying)
  • Maybe your girl and my friend can trade; tag team, off the ropes! On the ocean or in the boat! Factories or on hundred spokes! What about up in the candy sto' - that chocolate chocolate make it melt... (Jess and I would blare this song while getting for a long night of partying and trouble-making.)
That's all I've got for now.

EDIT:

  • Nipples the size of dinner plates. (A conversation between mom and I that Thor accidently heard. I think we traumatized him.)
  • They're still nice! (Comment from Chris)
  • I suck at this game. (Chris)

No comments: