My cat, Charlie, is an odd duck. She's rather antisocial towards me most of the time - I think she's had a rather rough past. But, she's safe and well-fed now, but looks at me sometimes as though I'm the root of all her problems. Especially, when I have a book in front of me. She gets so annoyed and cries, and soon jumps into my lap and trompels my book. Her back is usually arched and her tail is sky-high. If I begin to pet her, she drools. And that's when I shoo her away - she gives this little "mmrrpp" noise in the back of her throat that lets me know she's displeased. Last night she looked like a St. Bernard dog with two strings of gooey drool hanging from each corner of her mouth. It's so disgusting.
Another quirky thing she does is watches me shower (I live alone and usually leave my bathroom door open). Normally she avoids being in the bathroom with me at all costs - but when I'm behind the glass wall of my shower doors, she sits there and stairs, and quite frankly, creeps me out. In the mornings, when I get ready for work, she sits in the hallway outside my bathroom and stares at the back of my head. She knows when I'm ready to begin my day- I turn around and ask her how she's feeling today and she does this little head bob and opens her mouth to meow, but usually she doesn't make any sound. It's all for show. She knows she's so stinking cute when she does her head bob, she doesn't have to accompany it with a meow.
She's a weird little she-cat.

Another quirky thing she does is watches me shower (I live alone and usually leave my bathroom door open). Normally she avoids being in the bathroom with me at all costs - but when I'm behind the glass wall of my shower doors, she sits there and stairs, and quite frankly, creeps me out. In the mornings, when I get ready for work, she sits in the hallway outside my bathroom and stares at the back of my head. She knows when I'm ready to begin my day- I turn around and ask her how she's feeling today and she does this little head bob and opens her mouth to meow, but usually she doesn't make any sound. It's all for show. She knows she's so stinking cute when she does her head bob, she doesn't have to accompany it with a meow.
She's a weird little she-cat.
1 comment:
Animals are so quirky! Gotta love em... Monti saves me from stepping completely off the edge most days. I'm glad you have Charlie to keep an eye on you. Oh by the way, I love the new pic of you and Susie. You're so beautiful! Love ya
Post a Comment