My sweet Ruby,
Last night was a historic moment in time. Barack Obama was reelected President of the United States.
You were tucked safely away in our room, blankets and teddy bear askew, snoring softly. We had spent the evening reading, playing, eating supper together, and you had a bath. I tucked you into bed and plunked myself down in front of the tv to await the judgment of this country. I sat in the living room, my eyes locked on the tv, praying a fervent prayer of real change for this country. Four years ago, long before I had any notion of you, I had voted so hopefully for Obama. He promised change and change we got... change for the worse. After so much heartache across our country these past four years, increasing deficit, increasing expenses, increasing unemployment rates, increased foreclosures, decreased morale, I couldn't in good faith reelect a president who had failed his nation so miserably for four years.
This election year, I had so much more to consider. You. Your future. I want to see a revolution in the U.S. and turn around so much of what has gone wrong these past 4 (10, really) years. I want a bright, hopeful future for you and a world full of opportunity. I want to raise you in a country with solid Christian values, without judgment or ridicule on either side of the spectrum. You deserve that.
I have lead in my stomach today. I worry about the direction our nation has taken, but as with all things, we have to trust God to lead us. He doesn't promise it will get better but He promises to help us through. No matter what our country is like in 10 or 20 years, I pray that God guides and comforts you and helps you through. And I'll be beside you every step of the way, cheering you on...
We can do big things, my girl. Courage.
All my love,
Mama
Last night was a historic moment in time. Barack Obama was reelected President of the United States.
You were tucked safely away in our room, blankets and teddy bear askew, snoring softly. We had spent the evening reading, playing, eating supper together, and you had a bath. I tucked you into bed and plunked myself down in front of the tv to await the judgment of this country. I sat in the living room, my eyes locked on the tv, praying a fervent prayer of real change for this country. Four years ago, long before I had any notion of you, I had voted so hopefully for Obama. He promised change and change we got... change for the worse. After so much heartache across our country these past four years, increasing deficit, increasing expenses, increasing unemployment rates, increased foreclosures, decreased morale, I couldn't in good faith reelect a president who had failed his nation so miserably for four years.
This election year, I had so much more to consider. You. Your future. I want to see a revolution in the U.S. and turn around so much of what has gone wrong these past 4 (10, really) years. I want a bright, hopeful future for you and a world full of opportunity. I want to raise you in a country with solid Christian values, without judgment or ridicule on either side of the spectrum. You deserve that.
I have lead in my stomach today. I worry about the direction our nation has taken, but as with all things, we have to trust God to lead us. He doesn't promise it will get better but He promises to help us through. No matter what our country is like in 10 or 20 years, I pray that God guides and comforts you and helps you through. And I'll be beside you every step of the way, cheering you on...
We can do big things, my girl. Courage.
All my love,
Mama
No comments:
Post a Comment