Wednesday, November 21, 2007

911. What's your emergency?

Last night I dreamt I was running on this gravel road by my folks'. As I was running along someone shot me in the stomach. The bullet went straight through but it hurt so much! I started running back home but the faster I ran, the more blood poured out. Finally I began screaming, hoping my dad would hear me. I lost so much blood and energy, I had to crawl the rest of the way home. Dad and Mom quickly loaded me into the car and were speeding to the hospital (40 miles away) and I started to lose feeling in my legs... apparently the bullet had nicked my spine and I was gradually going paralyzed (is that even possible?). I remember laying in the backseat of the car, holding papertowels to my stomach, watching the speedometer go past 120 mph, and thinking it didn't matter because I was going to die anyway. Then I started to cry because I wasn't ready to die yet.

A very sad and gruesome dream! But a pattern my dreams have taken on lately - is that they're always outside, there's a big hurry, and it's usually a matter of life or death, and then I'm moving... Kind of telling of the boat I'm in right now with life...

1 comment:

Jimmie said...

Hey Heidi,

I started a new blog and tagged you in one of those survey thingies.
--Jimmie (http://jimmiekennedy.blogspot.com)