Wednesday, June 14, 2017

All my shoulds

For the last year or two, I have been working on my inner development. Growing up. Maturing. Please don't mistake me and believe me to mean "growing old." Let me be clear: I have always been old on the inside. 😂 I do not need to grow older. But I do want to become more mature. Learn to not let my emotions rule so much of my mood and life. Handle stress, relationships, and challenges with more ease. Become more thoughtful and calm. Centered. Focused. Healthy: body, mind and spirit.

In doing so, I read a lot of blogs, articles, books. Listen to podcasts and motivational speeches and TedTalks. I like to listen to people and sometimes I write down a note or two from a conversation so that I can think more on it later. I collect all these things in my brain and test things out here and there for myself. 

I have a thing about growing. I don't think there's anything inherently wrong with the way I am now, and I certainly am not trying to achieve any variety of perfection, but I want to keep growing and become a better, well-rounded person. In doing so, I have realized that there are some daily habits that need to be incorporated for the continuation of my evolution; habits that are really difficult to consistently fit into the life of a full-time working, single mother. 

Daily habits for growth
Cook and eat healthfully
Yoga
Stretching
Soul food (inspiration, words, connections that lift my heart)
Self care
Meditation and prayer
Time outdoors

Based on the time needed for the activities above, I need to move to part time work! Well, that is not an option and maintaining that level of dedication as well as full-time mom'ing, and a full-time career, plus extracurricular activities, relationships, and some fun... I will need to be satisfied incorporating a few of those things into each day - at least, until I win the lottery...



No comments: